Sunday, December 14, 2014

GRANNY KNOWS BEST


The items that actually become my favourite pieces are those I get from my aunts. Most of the time
they find some good old vintage pieces and give it to me. I have a lot of blazers that I got from my
aunts and I'm sure you've seen them on the blog already. The best thing about this is that I actually
don't have to spend money for this beautiful garments. My grandpartens who live in the Philippines
visited us here in Vienna for two months. Well, if you spend winter over there you will not be in need
of warm clothes - that's for sure. So we thought we find some warm clothes we can borrow to my
grandma so she doesn't have to spend money on winter clothes that she'll never need except for
her stay here in Vienna. Before my grannies flew over to Vienna my aunt already mentioned that she
found a coat which she was sure I would like . And she was totally right.
I was not the only one who became in love with this orange coat. My grandma wore it almost on a
regular basis when she was here.




If I would have seen a similar coat to this one I would not have gone for it. The thing is that I don't 
like to buy flashily colors when it ocmes to jackets. For me it's a piece that you wear almost every
day and I simply find it hard to find different combinations if the colors is too jazzy already. That's
why I'm so happy that my aunt decided that I can keep this coat. (Thanks so much again Tita).


 







I styled this coat with some of my basics wearing ripped denims and a white turtle neck. As my outfit
for that day was pretty simple it was the perfect occasion to round it up with this colorful coat. To
keep the warmth I decided to go for brown accessories. It runs in the blood. You can see that my
grandma had pretty much the same thoughts by wearing a white blouse underneath. I can't remember
what kind of bag she wore but what I know is that she was for sure not wearing ripped jeans. Actually
when she was my pair of denims she was like "OHH, my poor grandchilt".. Grandmas - that figures :)
What I know is that I want to dress like her when I reach her age. Just better. Hahaha I'm just kiddin'.

Photo taken in Berlin by Marc Cortez

wearing// coat VINTAGE ripped jeans MANGO turtle neck MANGO scarf H&M bag FURLA
sneakers RIVER ISLAND

photos taken by my all-time fave babe Emina Babic

No comments:

Post a Comment