Saturday, May 2, 2015

HEELS OVER SNEAKERS



I know it's late but I just finished off my study sesh which took me longer than I've expected. Still 
wanted to blog this outfit today although it might be published when it's 'tomorrow' already. My 
tomorrow only starts when I already wake up and actually got some sleep already. Well, this is the
outfit I wore when I attended the 2 year celebration of O V E R D O $ E about a month ago. I am 
already excited about the next one, which is tomorrow. Well, in a few hours to be exact. So I thought
this would actually be the perfect time to put this outfit on repeat because there's more to say to this
outfit that I wanted to share with you: 





Let's be honest. The dress-up part is one of the best parts when it comes to going out. And when I 
dress up, I like to wear heels to my outfit. Why the hell am I tellin' you this? Because this topic has 
been following me around for months or even years now. Actually it was at the last O V E R D O $ E 
when someone asked me, why I did not combine this outfit with sneakers. The answer is simple: 
Because I don't wear them. At least I avoid it as much as I can. I'd rather have sore ankles than
pairing my outfits with shoes that might be more comfortable but won't let me feel comfy at all. I like
looking at outfits with this sneaker combination, but wearing them is another thing. Not only that 
wearing heels make me taller, but I like to dress a bit more formal. Puttin' on formal clothes make
me feel more powerful. With this additional height I get this powerful feeling that changes the basic
way of how I see the world. Sounds dramatic right? And this topic is kind of a drama to me because
somehow people won't stop asking me why I'm not into sneakers or still keep trying to convince me 
to buy some. Let me tell you something. If I would find a pair that I'd like, I'd totally go ahead and
buy them (just to make these people jump for joy ;P). And don't even start with the "wearing heels
leads to pain and knee problems"-speech. It's not that I don't wear flats at all. I do, but they don't look
like I'm about to hit the gym or the tennis court in a few. Sneakers look good on some people. But not
on my feet. The only exception: White sneakers. Still depends on my mood. Sometimes I hate them 
too. 




When I picked this outfit, I was kinda insecure. Some of you know that I had to get ready, when I 
was still in London, because I booked a very late flight back to Vienna. This top was actually the
only one, that I haven't been wearing during my days in London, so I had no choice. So why 
insecure? Take a look. Yep, it's cropped. And yep, people can be mean sometimes. I just had to 
reconcile with myself, if I actually give a fuck or not. I decided not to. So I'm also taking the 
opportunity to answer a question that I get a lot via private messages. When I receive feedback
I am listening to every single word. I read every single message that I receive. There is this one
question, that keeps showing up in my inbox in different kind of phrasings and it sounds a bit like: 

"Wow, it's great to see that you are confident about yourself and your body. How do you do that?"

Gonna answer that question with a counter question: "Why should I not feel confident about myself
or my body? Is there anything else that you wanna add to your question? What exactly is wrong 
about me?"

On one side I understand that you are trying to be nice by giving me this compliment, but on the
other hand you should really think about what you just said. I'm okay with it but sometimes it's you
and your words, that can make feel people 'like me' uncomfortable ;) 

Still, I appreciate all the feedback that I am receiving and I am thankful for that. But I think you all 
know that your choice of words might not be the right one when you have to send me a private msg.
Okay, let's talk about the outfit again. I'm wearing an all black outfit because people say that black
is very flattering to the figure hahaha! Anywaysssss, how do you like my fancy lace pants? I 
simply love themmmmm and the fact that I bought them on sale last summer !!!







Ok, I think I cleared my mind and said everything that I had to say. Tomorrow will be a long day. 
To all my friends: if you read this post, don't even think about stopping making fun of me 'cause
I know y'all love me ;D

wearing// croptop NEWLOOK lace pants H&M blazer MANGO heels PRIMARK 
bracelet MARC BY MARC JACOBS sunnies RAY BAN

photos: Kirstin C. Dabu


No comments:

Post a Comment