Thursday, February 12, 2015

SLOWJAMS FOR YOUR VALENTINE


Some of you might know that I'm really not a fan of valentines day or any kind of romantic gestures. 
Don't get me wrong. I still believe that there are several things that men or women should do to win
somebody's heart but it doesn't necessarily include flowers, chocolate, candle light dinners or any
kind of off-the-rack things. I grew up here in Austria but still flew to the Philippines every year or
at least every other year. So I didn't only grew up with the Philippine culture, but also had to live in
a world where they would play love songs all the way in. I really have to say that sometimes I do
enjoy these corny love songs. I mean yeah, go on and deny it but every single person has to listen
to a different kind of music genre to clear their minds. Actually a lot of the songs I will put into my
fave list below are songs, that I used to listen to when I was a teenager so it's not really the meaning
of the song - and by meaning of the song I mean the meaning that was intended by the song writer -
that get's me but more the memories of the good old times I enjoyed within the the last years.
Sometimes I sit in the car with good friends and we listen to 'our' music just to reminisce about
the good old days. Well enough of that now. Let's start this.
WARNING: This listing includes really corny songs too and I would recommend you just to skip
some of the songs or to leave the page if you're really allergic to these kind of songs or just intend to
hate. 

Let's kick my playlist off with my favorite diva of all time. If you know me well, you should have
bet that I'll start my playlist with one of her songs. Here we go: 

1. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby 
is one of the most played songs on my iPhone. Not quite sure why .. but I just love her. Also fell for 
David Cook's version for a long long time but I now prefer Miss Mariah's. 

2. Usher - Nice and Slow
This song is also one of my all-time fave songs. I also found this RND acoustic version which is 
one of my study-jams. Whenever I have to study I can only listen to one song for like one month
just because I can't manage to concentrate when listening to different songs but can't focus when 
it's completely silent. 

3. Usher feat. Monica - Slow Jam
just because a slow jam list wouldn't be complete without Usher and Monica's "Slow Jam". So here's
#3 of my corny hit list. 

4. Fabolous feat. Tamia - Into You
Oh this is definitely a song I would never skip when it comes on and it's also one of the song we 
listen to in the car and just sing along with. 

5. Fat Joe feat. Ashanti - What's Luv
Doesn't really count as a slow jam I guess but I really can't deal with skippin' this one in my list.

6. Ashanti - Foolish
Valentines Day is the day of hearts, flowers and a love overdose. Let's just not forget that love is 
blind. And here's the anthem. Love yourself and it's all goooood :) 

7. Frank Ocean - Thinkin' About You
Definitely a song that I heard too often but still have to list here. I feel like this song is just brilliant. 

8. Chris Brown feat. Usher and Rick Ross - New Flame
Ohhh how could I think of this song just now? Guess there's no ranking in this list because I just
LOVEEEE THIS JAM! (btw. also one of my study songs)

9. Somo - Ride 
Whoop, you'd definitely score with this song. Nuff said. 

10. Musiq Soulchild - Don't Change
This lyrics are definitely too much but still kinda cute. 

Actually I thought that I could pick only 10 but I can't stop at this point so let's go on with another 
10 ;P 


11. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
As I said she's my queen.

12. Usher feat. Alicia Keys - My Boo
On point. You never see it coming 'cause you're blinded from the start. #12 goes to Usher and
Alicia and "My Boo". 

13. Miguel - Adorn
A playlist full of emotions wouldn't be complete without this guy that likes to jump on his fans. 

14. Jodeci - Freakin' You
GODDAMMMMMNNNNNNNN! I really can't find the right words for this song now. Just.. Damnn.

15. Joy Denalane - Was auch immer
One of the few german songs I love to listen to. Don't get me wrong I love listening to german songs, 
just that this is the only one I recently listen to besides her song 'Geh Jetzt' which wouldn't be
the best choice for V-Day. 

16. South Border - Wherever You Are
From German songs let's lead over to the songs that are so typical for the Philippines. This is
probably one of the corniest songs listed here. I have to say that even I have to turn off the music 
sometimes when I hear this song but there are times where it's just perfect. I feel kinda embarrassed 
right now haha. 

17. Daniel Ombao - Tadhana
I used to talk to my friends about this lately. This is only the audition of Daniel who was a contestant
at The Voice Philippines. We are looking for a full version of this song and hope that'll be online soon
just because he killed this song. The original by Up Dharma Down isn't bad but doesn't really suit our
taste. #SORRYNOTSORRY
But as most of you probably won't understand a word I doubt that u feel me. Actually wait. I don't 
understand a word either. It's like the really deep tagalog that I didn't grew up with. I get some of 
the words though. 

18. Mary J Blige - Be Without You
There's so much behind this song but I'm not going into it. Just to be clear. I am a person that gets
caught by music easily. I could write a whole post about this song but let's not forget that I only
wanted to list a few of my all-time faves today. 

Gosh we only have 2 more songs to go and I feel like I could share my whole playlist with you all. 
FYI I have an extra playlist for songs like these and another turn-up playlist. I'm not that kind of 
wimp. Ok difficult choice right now to pick two more... I guess I'll pick the two that'll come to my
mind first. And after picking them I will regret it a few days after publishing this post because I 
had other songs that I wanted to share with you - I'm sure it'll be like this. 

19. Trey Songz - Neighbors Know My Name
Haha this is definitely a good choice for this list that I won't regret. Trigga on VDay, Trigga on 
every day !  

20. J. Holiday - Suffocate
Though I actually had to end this post with Chris Brown's "Yo - Excuse Me Miss" which would
have been a good choice too but I think I'll end this one with a lillll of J. Holiday. Just because
I enjoy listening to this song every single time. 

Hope you enjoyed at least some of the songs I listed here. There are so much more but I think that's
enough for today. Some of the songs are really nice to play in the background if you're planning
on a good hang or a comfy date with your special someone no matter if it's your boyfriend or
girlfriend, best friend, family or your pet.
Which one is your fave slow jam? Let me know by just leaving the title in the comment box.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment