Friday, February 13, 2015

VALENTINES VICTIM?


And if you wanna be my Valentine, we better spend the day like any other day. I already told you
that I'm not the biggest fan of this 'special day'. But I feel like most people do care about it
so that's why I thought I'd give you an idea of what to wear. 

I'm not hating, I just really don't care about Valentine's day. Why? You might think I'm desperate
but actually I think that all the special things people do on this specific day should be done all 
year round. Surprising someone with little things (not only on Feb, 14) is what actually counts. 
But it's ok. It's another day that makes people feel special and excited so everyone should
have their own opinion on that. 

Valentine's Day is a day that brings out the soft side in people, especially the soft side in men. 
And women actually enjoy this. I also think that people might set the expectations too high when it
comes to this day (e.g. proposals on Valentine's). I guess this is the fault of all the love movies 
that shape people's mindsets. Well, for all the readers out there who still enjoy being excited for 
tomorrow: Here's a last minute outfit idea. 

I picked a very casual outfit so it suits singles and ladies that are in any kind of relationship
right now. For me this outfit works for a casual hang and also for an actual date. 



I guess it's not really surprising that I went with the color red. And there's not much to say and 
actually there's no further explanation needed for that choice. I paired my red coat with a red 
jumper and still don't think that this "pop of red" is too much of color. I picked a jumper and not
necessarily a dress because I wanted to keep it casual with a, let's say, romantic touch. 



You might have recognized that my play-it-safe combination with jumpers is pairing them with a 
simple collar blouse. Works every time and if some of you are not sure if you have an actual date
with your secret special someone, you might not wanna be overdressed so this combination still
keeps your outfit cool. 





Still wanted to jazz up this outfit so I went for black leather optic shorts and black tights. February
is still winter time - at least here in Austria. So looking pretty is one thing but you also have to 
keep in mind that you don't wanna freeze your ass off. The combination of a coat, jumper and 
thick tights are a pretty foolproof plan. If you don't have any reds in your closet, try it with a 
black and white combination to keep it classy or another color just to bring a little life to your outfit.  
If you wanna go for the black and white version and feel a little too basic just try it with a heavier
make up. 



Not only that I think that this actually is a pretty cute outfit combination, but these are items that you
will find in your closet for sure. So if you need a last minute outfit, go and figure out if you have
similars to combine for tomorrow's date. 



Wishin' you all a wonderful Valentines Day. I'm going to enjoy the day by celebrating the 1st B-Day
of my cousin's baby. So I guess I already found my Valentine. 

wearing // coat MANGO jumper H&M leather optic shorts MONKI shoes MONKI 

Photos taken by Emina Babic 


No comments:

Post a Comment