Saturday, March 14, 2015

DOUBLE DENIM AND DIFFERENT BLUES


It's still winter but I can feel spring coming around the corner. Time to dig up the colorful pieces! 
My choice for this year are definitely pastel shades. I think that bold colors can look good on
me too. However sometimes I feel like it's too much for casual occasions or every-day-outfits. For 
me, pastels are pretty much my in-between-thing for making a statement and still not have to feel
like a dab of paint. I think that these bleached out colors are much easier to combine just because
there's never too much contrast to it. This time I decided to put different shades of blue together.





So this is basically what I did. I took my latest baby blue pick-up and picked my pieces for this
outfit based on this trench coat. I knew that I wanted to wear my Rooneys which are still my fave
sunnies, not only because they do their job as a key-accessory, but also because there's this weird
thing that I like about people not being able to see (when I'm rolling) my eyes. The Rooney
brings a little more life to the overall-picture of this outfit with it's more intense blue mirrored glasses.




For the top section I went with this pale denim shirt which is fringed at its bottom. It was also about
time for me to wear a good pair of denims again. It bears repeating but there was a time when no one
could fore me to wear a pair of jeans no matter what they'd offer me to do so. I guess this all started
when I experienced the comfort of leggings. Girls, I know you feel me. Once you start to wear them,
it's really hard to stop it. Still, I have to count this as one of my 'bad habits' but I think I'm heading 
in the right direction. I was having coffee with a friend on the day this outfit was shot, so I wanted
to keep it all simple. And what's more simple than putting denim on denims? And with these basics, 
i basically managed to keep it blue.



Yap, I can feel spring coming around but still we have to deal with the low temperatures that winter
brings. Since I don't have the hots for being or getting sick, I had to add another layer underneath my
trench coat. I also found this neckpiece I used to wear everyday when I was in high school, which
I actually did myself when I was in primary school. I still love it. It's like one of the 'forgotten
pieces'. 






Pale colors have to be treated with caution so for the lips I put on a bright pink to round it off. 






wearing// trench coat SHEINSIDE jacket H&M denim shirt MANGO denims ZARA shoes RIVER 
ISLAND bag MARC BY MARC JACOBS sunnies SUNNIES STUDIOS scarf DIY


No comments:

Post a Comment