Tuesday, November 11, 2014

SHOES I'D NEVER WEAR AGAIN...

Hey everyone, 

I am really trying to put more outfit-posts on the blog now and hopefully I'll find enough time to do
this on a regular basis. Here is what I wore  yesterday. Well, the weather here in Vienna is kinda 
confusing. The only thing that prevents you from wearing far too much or from freezing is layering.


This layered outfit shows you one option:
I layered a denim shirt with a warm cape. And yes. Capes are one reason why I love fall.
I'm not talking about the capes heroes wear in movies and comics. I'm talkin' 'bout the blanket kinda 
capes.   I'm sure in this point opinions differ. Some people find capes not stylish at all. 

"This is what my grandma would wear". Yap right, and actually that's exactly what my grandma is wearing.

It is not a secret that my favorite place to shop is my grandmas closet. Because come on. Fashions
pass. And most of the time we love the good old vintage pieces our parents or grandparents used to
wear. At that point I have to say that I love my grandmas attire. It has this chic touch and this is 
one of the reasons why I love capes. They are simply chic without this trying hard thing. And that
is the point. I love me some good pieces that seem to be cute, chic and are still items for lazy people
like me. 




Even if I'm okay with sometimes wearing the same pieces as my grandma, I still don't want to look
like one. I'm 23 y/o and so I thought I'd pair this cape with a denim shirt and a pair of corduroy pants
I bought ages ago to keep it kinda casual and classy at the same time and to give this whole outfit a
younger and fresher kick. Another reason why I'm a sucker for capes is, that you can conceal at least 
some of the jelly rolls - and hey, usually they multiply in wintertime. Also I have to say that I really 
feel good buying a one-sized piece, knowing that I can wear the same size like some of my thinner
friends. Yes, that's how I cheat on myself. :P 



To add an instant polish to this outfit I decided to go for a pair of heels I bought from H&M. I really
can't imagine how I used to go out and party all night with these killers on my feet. They hurt so 
much so I really had to take a break from shooting this outfit. I am definitely not going to wear
them again. The pain also explains my suffering face expression. I am really used to wearing heels
and I also wear them everyday at work but these are a total fail and a bit much for my feet. Last time
I cleared out my wardrobe I thought I keep them because they actually look cute and are perfect for 
fall. Well, they are perfect if you want to fall at some point where you can't stand the pain anymore.
I'd rather buy a comfy pair with a good platform and pay a little more than walk in those shoes again. 

If you still like these kind of heels for this look, I would recommend you to look for some similars.





photos: Katja K. Sabando

wearing //cape, denim shirt, sunnies  MANGO pants, bag ZARA shoes H&M watch CASIO 

Thank you to the Team of Mango Donauzentrum for taking care of me again !

P.S. Maybe there'll be a giveaway really soon now so stay tuned. More information will be on my FB-
Page (click here) soonishhhh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment