Sunday, October 11, 2015

BLACK BALLOONS & BUBBLES

photo: Marco di Filippo for sisterMAG BTS

Not sure what it is, but I'm a sucka for balloons. Little did I know that I enjoy blowing bubbles too.
Well, let's say make them. Because I made giant bubbles. Here are some shots our photographers 
took, during the sisterMAG shooting. Work, that doesn't really feel like work. Considering that there
were balloons and bubbles included, it more sounds like fun than hard work, right? Well, we were all
working hard AND had fun. A great team spirit even made these exhausting days really enjoyable.
There's nothing more, that anyone could wish for. So working last weekend wasn't that bad. As one
of my co-workers said: 'take it as an experience' – and it definitely was one of the best I've ever had
so far. Now I understand, why my creative friends - or as I call them – my creative heads, are
enjoying every single project so much. Before I started my time at sisterMAG, I always knew that
writing is what I love and what I wanna do. But there's more. More that I can do. I can do both. I can
enjoy writing as much as I enjoy seeing the result of this shooting. I love the fact of being involved in
this creative process. I love working with experienced people, people that are hungry to try different
things, different settings, people that are willing to spend their weekend the'd have off work, creating
something that other people will enjoy at some point – in this case, when the new issue will be
published. I enjoy working and making bubbles and poppin' balloons (even if it was a bit scary with
these giant balloons we used). I enjoy work that doesn't feel like work! It is exhausting but still
satisfying at the end of the day. I enjoy every single day here. And that is exactly what I was hoping
and praying for. To find a place where I can finally enjoy what I do.

Who said that people have to be all serious to be professional? We definitely haven't been the
uptight pro-team during our four days of shooting. But we have been a team that knew how to
get shit done without taking it too serious. We've been working hard without forgetting that there's
more to it. Without forgetting that every single moment should been seized and enjoyed.
We just worked together. Worked in terms of work and a team that just clicked. We even managed
to wear black on set as a uniform without even arranging it, haha. Now here are some shots of
our behind the scenes pictures. 

photo: Cristopher Santos for sisterMAG BTS
photo: Cristopher Santos for sisterMAG BTS

photo: Cristopher Santos for sisterMAG BTS


photo: Cristopher Santos for sisterMAG BTS
photo: Cristopher Santos for sisterMAG BTS
Follow us on/me on snapchat: @yasmeendabu @sisterMAG @csantosphoto
photo: Cristopher Santos for sisterMAG BTS

No comments:

Post a Comment