Friday, February 12, 2016

CHALLENGING CULOTTES


There's a clash of opinions when it comes to culottes like there's always a clash when it comes to
fashionable items. Some people love 'em and some hate 'em. I've always had a thing for these skirt-
resembling trousers ... until I started hating them. I started taking dislike to them, because every time
I would try them on, I would look like a dwarf whose legs were wrapped up in a kite. I am not the
tallest person, so even when the fit was just right, the length was not how it's supposed to be. I'm not
the skinniest person, so when the length was just good, they looked like capri leggings. I was 
desperate to find a good pair and gave up after looking for the perfect fit for almost half a year. 
And then it happened – like a fairytale come true. "It'll happen when you stop looking for it"




As you all know, I visited the Philippines back in November. And guess what! I found t h r e e pairs 
with the perfect fit. When I was a teenager I would always buy my denims there, because I wouldn't
have to alter the length. Same with culottes. And instead of choosing one color only, I bought all of
them. 





So is everyone able to wear culottes? I saw a lot of posts and articles, that this style of pants is a
no-go for short people. I disagree. As you see it's all about the endeavour of finding the right pair
(even though I have to admit, that I already surrendered). So how do I pair them? The most seen
combination is to pair them with a crop-top. Nope, not following this trend, unless looking like
Winnie the Pooh is object of this game. Don't get me wrong. Crop-Tops are great! Cute & sexy
at the same time, just nothing that would look good on me. I always hear and read all these
suggestions, that culottes go best with fitted, tiny or tucked in tops, t-shirts, blouses, or sweaters,
because it would balance out the silhouette. So I've clearly missed on this must-do. Actually I didn't.
I just dare not to follow these suggestions. As you see I did wear a loose, oversized blouse which
I haven't tucked in at all. I went for a transparent blouse to avoid looking like I forgot to take
of my pyjamas. To compensate the casual look, I decided to wear heels  – besides, I really missed
to flounce around in those babies. But I would totally wear this outfit combination to white flats.
I think that this oversized pieces, paired with my striped culottes, look a little more sophisticated (on
me) than the typical crop-top combination. But I guess it's all a matter of proportion. Now tell me,
how do you pair yours?






wearing// culottes HIP CULTURE PH blouse H&M coat H&M 



No comments:

Post a Comment