Wednesday, February 10, 2016

PH-EXPERIENCE: AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR BEING STUCK IN TRAFFIC




Staying in the Philippines, especially Manila also requires a lot of patience. If you're not, it's about
time to get rid of your impatience (if you're planning to go there). There are actually a lot of beautiful
places to visit, BUT it's kind of a challenge to move along because traffic there is theee wooorst!
Within 24 years I experienced being stuck in traffic way too often and too long! But this year it felt 
like the situation just got worse. I was there with my family during the holidays. As we were staying 
there for 2,5 weeks only, we had quite a tight schedule. So instead of being stuck for like an hour, 
like we were used to, I was lucky enough to catch up on all the sleep that I skipped. Waking up after
three hours in the car, we still weren't moving. I was wondering how people manage to be at work on
time. My parents told me, either they are leaving their house like at 4AM in the morning, or they'll 
take a tricycle – one of my fave rides there. That thing manages to loop through all the lined up cars.
Since I was a little kid, I loved riding these things and I even drove these motorized cycles – which I 
wouldn't do anymore because I turned to a chicken-hearted person. Filipinos know, that they would 
only waste their time by taking the car during rush hours, so these tricycles are common means of
public transportation there. Even if I am able to walk from our house to some places, I sometimes 
feel like having a ride by tricycle, just because I love these bumpy rides. So try it and put that on 
your checklist: ride a freakin' tricycle!
photos: Marc Cortez

No comments:

Post a Comment