Saturday, September 5, 2015

LOST ?


Lost? Hell yeah! A few weeks ago, I was. New city, new people, new work space.
And now? I'm still not sure if Berlin is my city. But probably that's because I haven't seen a lot if
it yet. I've been here for two months now and I did not really have the time to explore Berlin. 
 But what I know for sure so far is, that I am happy to do what I always dreamed of. Working for
a magazine. 



I've always complained how stressful working in a hotel can be. Working for a magazine brings the 
stress level to a whole 'nother level. But in a good way. It's not that kinda stress that makes me cry
myself to sleep. It's not that kinda stress that makes me forget to have my meals or forget what day it is. 
It's that kinda stress that keeps you busy.
That kinda stress that makes you proud when you can check-off a task on your to-do-list. 


 

So far I dare to say, that I consider staying here for a while.
 I noticed, that being lost made me grow. Though, there's another thing I also realized. Even if I
would still describe myself as an outgoing person, I am not the same person I was before anymore. 
Not that loud, little, sassy girl I was, when I took the plane to Berlin 2 months ago. I find myself way 
too serious in some situations. Being lost changed me. Moving 
to Berlin caused that change. I am more withdrawn into myself and I am pretty sure that I left a part of me in Vienna.
And I hope that I will find that missing part here pretty soon. I think that I'm on a 
good way.

 

  
I think my time in Berlin can be compared to a hike deep in the woods wearing the wrong shoes.
It takes little steps to move forward. Further, wearing heels in the woods are way too noisy and most
of all: uncomfortable. It kills the relaxing vibe. So in the end, you decide to take them off and make
the rest of the way without them. Even if on the way it might hurt. I took my shoes off and left my 
them in Vienna. I left the missing part of me there. The part that makes me complete. The one that
I only was able to build over the years with the help of other people that surrounded me. 



Without
my heels I am not that tall, not that loud. My heels lift me high. Those people lifted me higher than
I ever imagined. But it's time to look for a new pair of heels – for new people that help me find a 
new piece of me that makes me feel like the same person. The person that I was before – but with
a little twist and something new. 





wearing// heels NEW LOOK shirt dress FOREVER 21 (similar)  head piece FOREVER 21 bracelet VINTAGE sunnies RAYBAN AVIATORS 

No comments:

Post a Comment